What is Lower Face Botox?
In the world of non-surgical cosmetic procedures, Botox has proven to be a game-changer, offering individuals a chance to rejuvenate and enhance their appearance without the need for invasive surgery.
Often when we think of Botox, we refer to the upper area of the face, commonly the frown lines, forehead lines, brow lifts and crow’s feet. But did you know Botox can be effective for the lower face?
Botox and other neurotoxins can be used to treat many areas of the lower face for both aesthetic and wellness purposes. At ReNu Med Lounge in Studio City, CA, we often include the lower face in Botox treatments, as needed, to help patients achieve a more youthful and refreshed look.
What Areas of the Lower Face can be Treated with Botox?
These are a few of the common areas we treat with Botox:
• Nefertiti Neck Lift: The famed Nefertiti Neck Lift technique improves the appearance of the lower face, jaw, and neck with Botox. It relaxes these areas of the lower face, creating a longer, thinner-looking neck. The treatment is named after the ancient Egyptian Queen Nefertiti, who was renowned worldwide for her beautiful, elongated neckline and accentuated chin.
The Platysmal Bands in the neck can be a giveaway of time’s passage. A Nefertiti Lift relaxes the platysma (the muscle that sticks out when you flex your neck), allowing the upper facial muscles to pull upwards without resistance.
• Chin: The chin is a cornerstone of facial symmetry, and with lower face Botox, we refine its aesthetics. This treatment aids in minimizing dimpling, smoothing an “orange peel” texture, and providing a more balanced profile.
• Masseter Botox: Masseter Botox has gained popularity in recent years primarily because of its ability to change the shape of the face (facial slimming). Beyond its cosmetic appeal, lower face Botox also helps relieve teeth grinding, TMJ and the associated tension/headaches that can cause discomfort, tension and headaches. Botox can provide relief by relaxing the jaw muscles, mitigating pain and restoring comfort to your daily life.
• Jawline Magic: The jawline plays a pivotal role in framing your face. Our lower face Botox technique expertly contours this area by diminishing muscle activity, resulting in a refined and defined jawline that exudes confidence.
• Jowls: Aging can lead to the emergence of jowls, causing concerns for many. With the touch of lower face Botox, we skillfully address jowls, lending a lifted appearance to your lower face.
• Lip Flip: Another unexpected area on the lower face that can be treated with Botox is the upper lip. When small amounts of Botox are injected above the upper lip body, it relaxes the muscle and allows the lip to temporarily flip up. This helps create a fuller appearance without adding volume (fillers) to the lip.
• DAO: As we age, the mouth can take on a downturned appearance, causing individuals to look “sad” at rest. Some patients subconciously regularly overuse the DAO muscle to pull down the mouth corners. A downturned mouth can be treated Botox injected into the DAO muscles, which pull down the corners of the mouth. This will cause the corners of the mouth to be slightly lifted, giving the mouth a more relaxed, happy, youthful and pleasing appearance.
Lower Face Botox at ReNu Med Lounge in Studio City, CA
ReNu Med Lounge is dedicated to providing our patients the best experience and treatments to address their aesthetic concerns and improve their overall wellness. Our team of skilled practitioners is dedicated to artfully administering an array of treatments, ranging from the classics to newer technologies, ensuring that your rejuvenated appearance is as natural as it is beautiful.
Whether you seek to embrace a more sculpted jawline, lift the jowls, or relish the grace of a Nefertiti Neck Lift, our expertise promises to unveil a refreshed version of yourself. Call us at (818) 308-7274 to book your next appointment.