What is light therapy?
Light therapy at ReNu Med Lounge uses LEDs, light-emitting diodes. Our LightStim system emits infrared light in different wavelengths. The different wavelengths have different skincare benefits. Amber light stimulates collagen and elastin production. Red light promotes circulation. White light penetrates the deepest and works to tighten the tissues and reduce inflammation. Blue light kills bacteria.
Our staff at ReNu Med Lounge is proud to offer LightStim treatments at our Studio City, CA offices, located in the Los Angeles area!
What is light therapy used to treat?
LightStim uses different wavelengths, or colors, of light. When this beneficial light is applied directly to the skin it can reduce fine lines and wrinkles, temporarily increase blood circulation, and treat mild to moderate Acne.
- Acne - Calm existing breakouts and restore your skin's clear and healthy appearance.
- Wrinkles - Reduce and eliminate fine lines and wrinkles. Maintain your skin’s youthful appearance and nourish your skin from within.
- Pain - Temporarily relieve minor muscle and joint pain, reduce arthritic pain and stiffness, and increase local blood circulation.
The different wavelengths with the different colors of LED light treat different issues with skin rejuvenation, acne, and pain relief.
- Amber light is great for reducing and eliminating fine lines and wrinkles. By triggering a wound response, which increases the production of collagen and elastin, it improves the skin from within.
- Red light is used to increase and improve circulation. This is valuable for pain relief and healing after injury. This happens as local blood flow increases. Red LED light helps relieve muscle and joint pain, reduce arthritic pain and stiffness, and heal injured tissue.
- White light has a dual effect of reducing inflammation, which is valuable for joint pain relief, and it also works to tighten the skin.
- Blue light is for acne treatment. The blue LED light kills P.Acnes bacteria in the sebaceous glands. This is the acne that multiplies when the sebaceous glands overproduce oil and clog. The bacteria then create inflammation, a breakout.
Who is an ideal candidate for LED light therapy?
These are completely non-invasive, painless treatments. They could improve the skin of everyone. If you deal with sagging skin, wrinkle formation, acne, skin inflammation, and joint or muscle pain, these could be great treatments for you at ReNu Med Lounge located in the Los Angeles area.
How long does a LightStim LED treatment take?
These treatments only take from 15-20 minutes. They are painless. We give you eye protection, and then the LED panels are placed just a few inches away from your face. The initial feeling is of warmth, and our patients like the sensation. It doesn’t cause any burns or skin damage. Treatments are painless.
How long will it take to see my LED light therapy results?
Your results after our LightStim treatments are not immediate. It usually takes about two months for patients to experience the skin rejuvenation from the amber and white LED treatments. Blue light begins to immediately impact the bacteria causing acne breakouts. This only continues to improve with subsequent treatments. Red light treatments for pain also take a couple months as they work to build local blood circulation.
How long will my results from LightStim last?
These are not permanent results, but they last for months. The problem is the basic problem behind each issue. Our skin develops lines and wrinkles and sags due to declining collagen production that is a part of natural aging. That process will continue, so while your amber and white light treatments boost your collagen and elastin production, you also need to keep up with your natural decline.
For blue light acne treatment, the LED wavelengths will kill the P.Acnes bacteria, but the increased hormones that are creating the overproduction of oil in the sebaceous glands will continue until the end of puberty, pregnancy, or other reasons. This means the glands can clog again and create more inflammation.
The red light for pain provides pain relief through increased blood circulation. But if you have a chronic condition, such as osteoarthritis, battling the pain will be an ongoing necessity. If you had an injury, your pain relief upon healing, obviously, is permanent.
In general, these treatments provide weeks or months of improvement, but we recommend continued LightStim treatments going forward as a maintenance program.
Contact Us Today!
Interested in learning more about Light Therapy? Please call 818-308-7131 to schedule your consultation with Dr. Ashour and her skilled staff today! ReNu Med Lounge Corp serves Studio City & the greater ReNu Med Lounge specializes in LightStim Therapy to treat facial lines and wrinkles. We proudly serve Los Angeles, California and nearby areas. Call today! California area.